Areas of Law / Employment

We are being taken over under a TUPE agreement in a year’s time. Some of us have worked for the firm for more than 25 years and are in our late 50’s, and would prefer to retire early. What are our options? Do we have to work for the new firm?

As you’re no doubt aware, under the TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)) regulations your employment contracts should remain the same when you start working for the new firm, so very little should change. However although your pensions are likely to transfer to the new firm in one form or another, any eligibility to retire early may not do. So you should investigate the possibility of early retirement with your current employer and your pension provider urgently.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms