Areas of Law / Personal Injury

If you have been unlucky enough to be the victim of medical negligence, you may be eligible to claim compensation. With the stress, the worry – it can be difficult to know where to turn for advice.

Why complicate matters further?

Let our legal advisors help. The law in this area might be complex but that doesn’t mean gaining answers should be. Our lawyers provide straightforward legal support in your time of need. Ask a question and we provide the answer. It’s that simple. Honest legal advice for you and your family.

What is medical negligence?

Medical negligence refers to an incident where a doctor, GP or other medical professional has failed to carry out their duty, causing harm to the patient. The harm caused must be an avoidable, direct result of their behaviour.
Cases may not always be clear cut, especially where the patient is already ill. Proving what caused the illness /injury can be tricky, and medical evidence is often needed. Using the evidence, industry experts will then decide what was responsible for the damage.

What can I claim for?

The most common types of medical negligence cases are:

  • Birth injuries
  • Claims against hospitals, surgeons doctors
  • Cosmetic surgery
  • Dental claims
  • Delayed diagnosis claims
  • Head/brain injuries
  • Misdiagnosis
  • NHS claims
  • Surgical accidents

Where you have been let down you may be able to claim. For an honest review of your case contact the lawyers at Free Legal Advice.

Why delay?

The sooner you begin your claim the sooner you can be back on your feet. Compensation can cover the cost of medical treatment, loss of earnings, and other financial fees.

To start the process today, simply ask our advisors a question. We will respond to your query and can assess whether you can make a claim from there.

Don’t suffer in silence. Free legal advice is at your fingertips.

Personal Injury Questions

My daughter is nearly eleven. She had an adverse reaction to an immunisation jab when she was a baby, and she was left with a bad scar. She is very conscious of this now. Is it too late to do anything about it at this stage?

I suffered minor injuries in a fall and inquired about a compensation claim. A solicitor offered me a “no win, no fee” arrangement, but I understand that I could be liable for the other party’s legal fees if I lost the case. I told the solicitor I wasn’t prepared to take the risk. Can I be charged for the work done so far?

While on holiday in Portugal my wife had a nasty fall on a tiled path in the hotel grounds. The tiles had been badly laid, and she tripped and suffered a black eye and bruised cheekbone and jaw. We reported the incident to the hotel management and also to the travel reps, who made out an accident report. What would be a fair amount in compensation?

A postman allegedly had an accident on my property nearly two years ago. He says he tripped on the flagstones which form a small step up from my neighbour’s property. My 18-month-old child doesn’t find this a problem, but they say it isn’t “reasonably” safe. What is reasonable or unreasonable? I am not insured.

I was standing at the front of a bus when the driver suddenly slammed on the brakes. I hurt my neck, shoulder and back and was off work for three weeks, requiring physiotherapy. My solicitor tells me I cannot proceed with a personal injury claim because I am unable to prove fault. There were no witnesses and the driver says he thought a pedestrian was about to step off the kerb. Surely the bus company’s insurance should cover this type of accident?

Just over two years ago my husband, who is 75, had a bad fall on the forecourt of our local supermarket and had to have an operation for a broken hip. The store is now saying sand was put on a fuel spillage before the accident, whereas my husband and a witness say this was only done after he fell. We have now paid for a barrister’s advice, but our solicitor says we don’t have much chance of compensation.

While on holiday in Spain my wife slipped and suffered a serious injury while fleeing from car thieves in our hotel car park. We were told later that car thieves had caused problems previously. We have been told that because this happened in a foreign country she is not entitled to compensation. Does being a part of the EU make no difference?

I was hit by a car 12 months ago outside my house. My leg was broken in two places and I spent eight weeks in traction. I still can’t walk properly but the driver is telling lies and her insurers are contesting my claim. My solicitors took my case on a “no win, no fee” arrangement but now want £1,000 to try to find witnesses. Do you think I would be wasting my money?

A car crashed into mine at very high speed. The driver got out and ran off. The police arrived moments later, and I learned they had been following the other car for some time. My car is a write-off. What is my position as regards my insurers?

Our service is completely free and we can help you.

Ask your question now

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms