Areas of Law / Property

Shortly after my husband died ten years ago there was a landslide at the back of the house causing damage which cost me £20,000 to put right and used up all my savings. My neighbours took down a wall and have planted trees in my garden, even though I have told them the land belongs to me. Is there anything I can do to stop them?

Yes. Hopefully your title deeds will show where the boundary runs. Take these to a solicitor, who should be able to force your neighbours to rebuild the wall and reinstate your garden. If your title deeds aren’t helpful, other evidence may be available. It’s not clear whether the removal of the wall contributed to the landslide, but if so your neighbours could be held responsible for the damage to your property.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms