Areas of Law / Property

A neighbour has opened a cat rescue centre in her house. The cats are over everyone’s gardens and wander in and out of peoples’ houses as they please. Is there anything we can do about this?

If the neighbour has formally opened a cat rescue centre she should probably have applied for permission to the council’s planning department for a “material change of use.” You could alert the council to the situation and make known your objections. If the house isn’t formally a cat rescue centre, but the owner simply enjoys keeping large numbers of cats, your only hope of evicting them may be on the grounds of hygiene, in which case you could call in the council’s environmental health officers.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms