Areas of Law / Property

We are currently selling our house. Our solicitor tells us that there’s a charge registered against the property dated November 2001. It relates to a debt we repaid several years ago, but unfortunately we have no paperwork to prove this and the loan company has now ceased trading. What can we do about it now?

These things happen from time to time, and your local Land Registry office should be able to help. Write in with as much information as you can muster; it will be handy if you can find the original loan agreement, some details about the loan company and when it ceased trading, and any details of payment. Your bank may be able to provide some documentation.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms