Areas of Law / Employment

I’ve developed a repetitive strain injury from working at a computer. As a result my GP signed me off for a month. The firm (quoting the employee handbook) says it will only give me two weeks’ sick pay. Is that all I’m entitled to?

The employee handbook will no doubt form a part of your contract, so what it has to say on the subject of sick pay will be binding. Your case is slightly more complicated because you have a potential claim for compensation if you could show that the firm was to blame for causing your injury. This might be difficult to prove: you might get further claiming extra sick pay by stressing the firm’s moral obligation since your injury was sustained while at work.


What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms