Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

I made a will when I lived in Wales six years ago, so the address on it is now obviously wrong. Do I have to have it altered, or can I do it myself? I’d like to appoint my grandson executor; currently the solicitor who drafted the will in Wales is down to do the job.

You don’t need to change the address on the will. The fact that you no longer live there any more won’t make the will invalid as long as it’s still recognisably yours. Don’t go writing on it whatever you do. However in order to change the executor you will either have to draw up a new will or add a codicil, so see a solicitor. It’s recommended that you review your will every five years in any case.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms