Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

I have a power of attorney to act for an elderly woman who suffers from Altzheimers and is in residential accommodation. I am named in her will as her sole beneficiary. What would happen to her money if I were to die before her, since she has no relatives and no-one else to leave the money to?

Where no-one can be found with a beneficial interest in an estate the Treasury Solicitor takes over and it will pass to the Crown. This eventuality should have been taken into account when the woman drew up her will; if at all possible she should make a new one. If this isn’t possible due to lack of mental capacity you should seek specialist advice about the possibility of applying to the Court of Protection for a statutory will to be executed.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms