Areas of Law / Personal Injury

I was jogging along a bridge when a wire mesh panel fixed along the sides broke loose. It hit my arm and leg causing bruising and some pain. I’ve taken photographs of the injuries, but I’m going on holiday next week and the bruising looks very unsightly. An emergency team was sent out to repair the mesh as soon as I contacted the council.

It sounds as though you have a good case to claim compensation for any losses sustained, including pain and suffering. You will need to establish who is responsible – the Highways Authority, local authority and/or the contractors who fitted the panel. You should see a solicitor who is a member of the Law Society’s personal injury panel. You will probably have your case dealt with on a no win, no fee basis.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms