Areas of Law / Crime

I have recently been employed at a school as a classroom assistant. I have been asked to fill in a police check form, which asks if I have had a caution/ been bound over/ have a criminal record. Twelve years ago I was bound over for 12 months after a drunken night out. Will the police still have a record of this?

It won’t be on the Police National Computer, where basic checks are made. But because you’re working with children you will be subject to a more thorough check, which draws information from other sources, including local police forces. This may turn up your offence from 12 years ago, but it’s unlikely to put paid to your employment prospects. Honesty is the best policy.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms