Areas of Law / Debt matter

I have a charge over the house of somebody who owes me money. I have been told these charges only last 12 years. Is this correct?

No. A charge registered at the Land Registry will remain on file until the property is sold or transferred. You may have to wait for your money but you should get it eventually. You can force a sale in some circumstances, but this means an application to a court and such applications can be difficult.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms