Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I asked about legal aid to seek contact with my grand-daughter but was told that it is no longer available in this type of case. We are on a very low income. Can we take this to court ourselves?

From 1st April last year legal aid (or “public funding”) was withdrawn from most family law issues. You therefore have the difficult choice of deciding whether you can afford the services of a solicitor on a private payment basis or whether you have to represent yourself. Many solicitors offer a free introductory interview, and I suggest you take advantage of this option if only to discuss the various payment schemes on offer. Your case may not be too expensive, depending on the circumstances, and you may be eligible for free mediation sessions.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms