Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

My husband left me many years ago, and I’ve heard nothing from him since. Is there any way I could find out where he’s now living?

If he’s supposed to be paying you maintenance you should contact a solicitor with a view to engaging a “tracing agency” to discover your husband’s whereabouts. They generally only charge if they’re successful. If they fail you can ask the court to contact the Department for Work and Pensions and the passport office to locate him. Alternatively a detective agency will help you without legal involvement, although I suggest you make contact with one via a solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms