Areas of Law / Personal Injury

Ten years ago I was the victim of a vicious attack and received more than £3,000 in compensation from the Criminal Injuries Board. I never recovered and have been constantly under medication for depression. They tell me though that no further compensation is available.

There is a provision in the scheme for cases to be re-opened on medical grounds where there has been a serious change in a victim’s condition. You would have to be able to show that this was directly attributable to the incident. A major obstacle in your case will be that your files will now have been destroyed. I suggest you see a solicitor and write in again enclosing any documentation you may have concerning your original award and stating why you believe your case should be re-opened.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms