Areas of Law / Personal Injury

My son was involved in an accident and has accepted an offer of compensation. We’re not happy with the amount. He is going to require treatment for many years to come. What happens if his compensation money runs out?

I imagine that your son will have accepted the payout “in full and final settlement” of his claim, in which case he cannot return to court at a later date to ask for more. Sometimes it is possible to negotiate “provisional damages”, which usually involves a lesser payment but the chance of more compensation in the event of serious deterioration within a given period. Your son’s solicitor should have explained all the options open to him. If your son is under 18 the settlement should have been approved by the court in any event.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms