Areas of Law / Property

The owner of the house on the end of our terraced row has fenced off part of the unadopted road behind our properties, so in order to reach the back of our house we now have to go round the other way. There is no talking to him. Is there anything we can do?

Yes there is. I take it you all have a right of access over the unadopted road set out in your title deeds. You could start off by reporting the situation to the fire brigade. They may have a word with your neighbour. The council should also take action over a business operating from a residential property. If all else fails you should call a residents’ meeting with a view to contacting a solicitor to serve an injunction on the builder to preserve your access rights.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms