Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

I want to pursue an inheritance from my late mother’s will, which divides everything between me and my sister. My uncle left £40,000 and his house, but 17 years ago my sister gave me just £9,000. I would like to leave something for my son.

The obvious question is why you have left this so long, but in theory at least the passage of time should not bar you from claiming your rightful inheritance. I take it your uncle left everything to your mother. You many want to get a copy of the Grant of Probate to her will which gives the net value of her estate when she died. It’s possible your sister will claim you have already received your share, in which case you may have to prove that you haven’t. I think you will need a solicitor’s help.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms