Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I split up with my partner a year ago. We have two young daughters, whom I’ve been seeing at weekends and also during the week. But now I’ve got a new girlfriend my ex-partner won’t let me see them at all. Where do I stand?

I’m sorry to say that this turn of events isn’t that uncommon. Your best bet in the short term is to ask family members or friends to persuade your former partner that it’s not in the best interests of the girls for them to be suddenly cut off from their father. Hopefully she will see sense. A solicitor can also arrange mediation so you can discuss the issue. On the legal front you should see a solicitor about applying for a contact order, which will set out when you can see your daughters.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms