Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I recently married and have found out that at the time of the wedding my wife was almost two months pregnant with another man’s child. I am angry and want an immediate divorce, but I understand that this isn’t possible until I have been married a year.

In your case you can proceed straight away, since you will not be presenting a petition for divorce but for the “nullity of a voidable marriage”. Assuming you succeed it will be as though the marriage never took place. See a solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms