Areas of Law / Debt matter

I am a homeowner and have personal debt of approximately £25,000 more than my annual income. I am not struggling to pay my bills, and have had no threats of legal action for non-payment. I have been advised to apply for an IVA, but this may not be a good solution and it may be better to contact my creditors directly.

While you’re able to keep your head above water there’s no need to do anything other than spend within your means. Many, if not most, people have debts larger than their annual income. The answer is to try to pay them off gradually and not increase your indebtedness. If interest rates increase and you can’t meet your repayments then you may consider an IVA or other solutions such as selling your home.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms