Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I had an accident at work and received a substantial amount of money in compensation for my injuries. My wife and I are currently getting divorced. Will I have to share my injury compensation money with my wife?

If you can’t agree a financial settlement with your wife you may have to let a court decide how you will divide your assets when you split up. It’s likely that you were awarded compensation not just for your pain and suffering but also to help you through difficulties resulting from the injuries you received. If for instance you are now partially disabled the court will take this into account, among other things, in deciding how much each of you need. See a solicitor specialising in matrimonial work to help you negotiate a fair settlement.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms