Areas of Law / Employment

My wife has recently finished work and her employer is refusing to pay her several sums of money she’s owed, including a week’s holiday pay. How do we go about making him pay up?

Your wife should use the firm’s grievance procedure to claim her money in the first instance. This involves writing to the employer stating why she thinks she has been underpaid, and should be followed up by a face-to-face meeting. She then has the right to appeal against her employer’s decision. Only after she has been through this procedure can she claim the unpaid wages at the employment tribunal. She will have to provide evidence of the underpayments, so hopefully she has kept her pay slips.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms