Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

My wife is a care worker working for the council. She was visiting a client on a private estate when she received a ticket from a private parking firm, and she had to pay a £35 fine. Can she get her money back from the parking firm or the council? She was never told she needed a permit.

If your wife ignored clear warning signs she will be responsible for paying the fee, in the same way as if she had received a parking ticket from a traffic warden. If there were no warning signs, or they weren’t clearly displayed, your wife may be able to recover her money from the parking firm. Otherwise I suggest she sees her client to ask what arrangements are in place for visitors’ cars on the estate.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms