Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

We are a group of pensioners living in sheltered housing accommodation run by a housing association. We consider we pay a high rent and service charge. Are we entitled to demand that the housing association produces an annual audited statement showing how and where our service charge money is spent? It claims it is non-profit making.

The housing association must by law produce an annual report and accounts which must be made available to you free of charge. Within six months of receiving this, you are entitled to ask (in writing) for more detail including receipts and any other documents relevant to the service charge information in the summary. Your lease will tell you what your landlord can charge and whether it includes administration fees. If you are not getting value for money the association will have a complaints procedure you should follow.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms