Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

We’’ve been having a lot of trouble with a new car we bought, and I would like to know how we go about stopping our direct debit payments.

You need to come to an agreement with the garage and the finance company over what i’s going to happen to the vehicle. If you stop payments you may just end up in court. If there is a serious fault with the car and you want to reject it as unsatisfactory you must normally do so within six months. If you have had the car more than six months you may have to accept repairs under the warranty. A solicitor’s letter may help, or ask for further advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau. You may have to dig your heels in if you want your money back.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms