Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

Two years ago my daughter married and she and her two children went to live in his house. He has now decided that married life is not for him, and wants to sell up. She has had conflicting advice about what she’s entitled to.

Your daughter needs to see a solicitor urgently to register her interest in the property and prevent her husband selling it. She can then stay in the house either until a court order is made or until the couple reach agreement on how the property is to be divided. There are no absolute rules which say what a wife is entitled to in this situation. It’s all based on what’s deemed to be fair, but the children’s needs are likely to be very important since the husband will be reckoned to be responsible for providing a roof over their heads.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms