Areas of Law / Public Law

They’re planning to put up a 20-metre telecom mast quite close to our housing estate. My house looks out on to open countryside. Would I be entitled to compensation if the value of my house was affected by the mast, or if, for example, it interfered with my TV reception?

You would not be entitled to compensation if the mast affected your view or devalued your property; English law does not recognise the right to a view from one’s house. However since your mast is more than 15 metres high it will have to go through the full local authority planning procedures, so you and your neighbours will have an opportunity to make your objections known. If your TV reception was affected the operator may have to compensate you. 

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms