Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

The sewage chamber in my drive serves six houses. When it gets blocked I have to call out the council to unblock it, and they send me a bill. Is there any way I can get the council to bill the others separately? Four of the others always pay their share, but one never does.

It’s possible the council will agree to bill the others separately. If they won’t, then your title deeds should show an obligation on the part of the other five to share the maintenance costs. Check your deeds, send the one who never pays a bill for call-outs in the last six years, and pursue it through the small claims court if necessary.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms