Areas of Law / Property

My next door neighbour wants to buy my garden, which adjoins his, and I am willing to sell. How do we go about it?

Even though you’re only selling a garden you will have to go through much the same procedure as if you were selling the whole house, so I suggest you see your solicitor. If you have a mortgage the lender will insist that you use a solicitor in any case. If both properties are registered at the Land Registry the process will be simpler, but even so there’s quite a lot involved. Selling your garden may obviously reduce the value of your property, so it would be advisable to bring in a surveyor to ensure that the price you agree will adequately compensate you for this.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms