Areas of Law / Property

A neighbour has taken to driving along a bridleway on our land to reach the back of his house. He has even bought a small piece of land from someone else to park his car on. When I objected he offered me £750 for a right of way and suggested that unless I accepted he would take legal action. Do I have to accept it?

The fact that he’s offering you money for the right of way suggests that he knows he doesn’t have it at the moment! Assuming he has access to the front of his house you may well be within your rights to stop him driving down your lane, in which case he has jumped the gun in buying the extra land. You should let a solicitor check your title deeds however to confirm this.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms