Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

My wife and I are both in our 70’s. We are aware that our money could be swallowed up if we are admitted to a nursing home for any length of time. Could we prevent this by transferring our house into our daughter’s name and giving her the bulk of our capital?

Transferring your house into your daughter’s name may not achieve what you are aiming for and is in any case a very serious step to take. Also, if she has a home of her own she may end up paying capital gains tax. It may be sensible to divide your assets between yourself and your wife, thereby halving the risk. Your solicitor should be able to give you advice that is best suited to your circumstances.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms