Areas of Law / Personal Injury

My son had an accident at work when a chemical solution splashed in his eye, even though he was wearing protective goggles. It’s possible he will lose the sight in the eye. Currently his employers have agreed to pay his wages but haven’t accepted liability. What’s our best course of action to ensure he receives any compensation due?

See a solicitor specialising in personal injury cases as soon as possible. Make sure that he or she is a member of the Law Society’s panel of personal injury lawyers. Your son will probably be offered a “no win, no fee” arrangement. It’s possible the Health and Safety Executive will already have been called in to investigate the accident. If the firm is found to have been negligent in any way your son may be entitled to a considerable sum in compensation.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms