Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

My next door neighbour’s house is in a terrible state, he hasn’’t done any repairs to it in years. I am now planning to sell my house, and the state of his property is going to affect the price. What can I do about it?

Very little I’m afraid, other than to offer to give his house a lick of paint. Unless his property is physically affecting yours, through a blocked gutter or the like, there’’s no pressure you can bring to bear unless there are any covenants against his title deeds. Even if there are, unless you have the benefit of those covenants there may be little you can do. On the whole people are free to neglect their property as they wish.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms