Areas of Law / Property

My neighbours are putting up a conservatory and are planning to let their property out, despite restrictive covenants which state that no new buildings must be constructed without my permission and that the property must not be used for commercial purposes. What can I do about this?

If there are restrictive covenants in your favour your neighbours may have to apply to the Lands Tribunal to have them removed, and they would have to compensate you even if they were successful. The law on such covenants is complicated so you should see a solicitor urgently, since if you need to obtain an injunction it would be preferable to apply for this before the work has started. Your neighbours may have to pay towards your costs of any litigation if they have flouted covenants which you brought to their attention.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms