Areas of Law / Wills and Probate

My mother-in-law made a will many years ago leaving everything to my wife, and naming her and a local solicitor as joint executors. She has very little to leave, and since the will is very simple I wondered whether it would be possible for my wife to become sole executor. How would she go about it?

This seems sensible; if your wife needs any help administering her mother’s estate she can always call on a solicitor if necessary. However your mother-in-law will have to write a new will, changing the clause which names her executors. This will supersede her previous will. It shouldn’t be expensive to do.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms