Areas of Law / Property

My mother bought a property in a retirement complex ten years ago. Many of the facilities in the brochure never materialised: there is no health club, swimming pool, bowling green, putting green or outdoor brasserie for example. As a result my mother’s apartment is now worth £100,000 less than what she paid for it. Is there any way we could get compensation for this?

It depends entirely on the contract your mother entered into when she bought the property. It’s unlikely that the owners of the complex will have made cast iron commitments to provide these additional facilities in the sale particulars, and in any event there is a good chance that it will be too late for her to bring a claim with your mother having purchased the property 10 years ago. See a solicitor before further time passes.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms