Areas of Law / Child Law

My father used to beat me. I haven’t seen him for six years. He has now discovered I’ve had a baby and is threatening to apply for access, which he says will give him the right to have my child for overnight stays at their house. I don’t want my son to have anything to do with them. Will he get this access?

It’s called contact these days, which suggests your father hasn’t seen a solicitor and is just trying to intimidate you. He could certainly apply for a contact order, but the courts are less concerned with the wishes of parents and grandparents than with the welfare of the child in question. Unless he could give very good reasons why such contact would be in the interests of your son it’s unlikely your father would be successful.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms