Areas of Law / Personal Injury

My daughter and I were injured in a road accident, but it turned out that the driver’s MoT had run out and her insurance is void. What will our position be?

It’s possible that the insurance company will not entertain a claim from the driver because of the lack of an MoT, but it will almost certainly have to pay out to third parties such as yourselves. If there is no policy at all, a scheme run by the Motor Insurers Bureau would meet your claim. The insurance company may be able to claim back from the driver any money it has to pay out to you. You should see a solicitor specialising in personal injury claims urgently, since these cases can be complicated and you need to ascertain how much compensation you might be entitled to. 

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms