Areas of Law / Property

We live in a pleasant and quiet cul-de-sac of terraced houses next to a lovely park. Recently a man who runs burger stands and mobile hot food vans has moved in, and he leaves these parked outside people’s houses for days on end, and refuses to move them. Is there anything we can do about it?

A complaint to the local authority planning officials may produce results if you tell them that the house is being used for business purposes. If your neighbour denies using the property for business, the planners ought to be able to encourage him to move his vans. Unless he does, there must be a presumption that the house is being used for business purposes, which may result in enforcement proceedings to stop it.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms