Areas of Law / Employment

My job often involved visits to properties that were affected by damp. After several years I developed chest and breathing problems and was admitted to hospital on a number of occasions, where I was told I was highly sensitive to the mould fungus. I’ve now had to finish work altogether and I have to go into hospital regularly when my breathing deteriorates. Do I have a claim for compensation against my employers?

You should see a solicitor specialising in this area immediately since time limits apply. The solicitor will want to know at what point you became aware that your working conditions were affecting your health, whether you made this clear to your employers, and what action if any your employers took to improve your working environment. Specialist medical evidence will be needed to prove a connection between your symptoms and your former working environment.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms