Areas of Law / Conveyancing

I’ve been doing the probate on my father’s will. I’ve done everything but I’m struggling with transferring his house into my name – I am his only son. What’s the best – or cheapest – way of doing this, since I’ve been quoted a fee of £1500.

If it was just a question of transferring the names at the Land Registry you could probably do this yourself but it sounds as though this may be a first registration, which can be more difficult and time consuming, especially if you don’t have all the original title deeds. In that case the fee you have been quoted may not be unreasonable. If you collect as many documents as you can muster and show them to a solicitor he or she will be able to assess how much work will be involved.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms