Areas of Law / Medical Negligence

I’ve been on steroids for the last 35 years, since I had a major operation. No-one’s ever suggested I should stop taking them, but I now think I’m suffering from osteoporosis as a result: no-one will admit it, but I have arthritis and I’m always breaking bones. I’ve now asked my GP if I can at least cut down the dose, but I wondered whether I might have a case for compensation?

Your prescription should have been reviewed on a regular basis. You should ask the surgery to make an assessment of your treatment and if you’re not happy with their explanation you could discuss your treatment with a solicitor specialising in clinical negligence cases. He or she will obtain your medical records and get an expert to assess your treatment.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms