Areas of Law / Personal Injury

In March I slipped and fell on the ramp of a temporary wooden walkway erected round some building work and injured my back, the boards were slippery after heavy rain. The council’s insurers say the contractors provided an indemnity against such accidents and have denied liability. Where do I go from here?

Anyone intending to file a claim for injury really needs the help of a solicitor specialising in this area, and I would urge you to seek legal assistance now. You will probably need medical evidence, and it would also be handy if you have any witnesses and took some photos of the ramp. More importantly you need to establish who to claim against: it’’s possible that both the local authority and the contractors could be held responsible.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms