Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

In between my house and next door there’’s a small patch of land. The owner has been refused planning permission to build on it following objections from other residents. Now the land is neglected and attracts fly-tippers, but the owner doesn’’t want to know, instead he wants £15,000 for an oversized garden. Is there anything I can do to make him look after his property?

You can’’t usually force people to maintain their property unless there’’s a covenant to that effect in their title deeds, and that seems unlikely in this case. Your best bet may be to get your solicitor to make the owner a reasonable offer for the land. It sounds as though he may blame you for the fact that he was refused planning permission, but your solicitor may be able to make him see sense.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms