Areas of Law / Employment

I worked in the asbestos industry for 14 years between 1966 and 1980 and as a result developed a lung condition. I put in a claim for compensation and I’ve been offered £6,000, but my solicitor says it’s not enough; what should I ask for?

The amount of compensation you should expect will depend on the extent to which you have been affected by the illness, and by the prognosis ie. whether your health is likely to deteriorate further as a result of the illness. It’s likely that you will have undergone medical examinations to help establish this and to link your illness to your employment history and your contact with asbestos. These are matters you should discuss urgently with your solicitor.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Thanks for supporting me with advice on this matter. I will definitely recommend you to others who may require your expertise.

Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms