Areas of Law / Divorce and Family

I was awarded a residence order for my children, but since then the father has been threatening me. The police have been involved, but unfortunately the prohibited steps order I obtained doesn’t include powers for his arrest. Where can I go from here?

Back to your solicitor. You may be able to obtain an injunction in the County Court, which could, for example, order your partner not to come within quarter of a mile of your home. If he breaches the order it may be possible to apply to the court to have him committed to prison, although this will depend very much on the circumstances.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms