Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

I took out a subscription for TV, broadband and line rental. Shortly afterwards I left my boyfriend and he said he would continue to pay the monthly fees. He didn’t, and now the TV company wants me to pay the arrears and an early termination fee. What can I do?

I suggest you ask the TV company for a settlement figure, which will probably include the arrears and the cost of the remaining subscription. Then get a solicitor to write to your ex-boyfriend reminding him of his promise to take over the agreement and requesting a cheque for the full amount. If he fails to do this you can take out a claim for the money in the small claims court.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms