Areas of Law / Debt matter

I think someone who lived with us for a while has put us on a credit blacklist with his debts. How do I go about checking whether this is the case?

If you were turned down for credit you should ask the firm in question for a form to send off to the credit reference agency they use. For £2.00, the agency will supply you with a print-out which will show financial information about you and also list the names of people living at your address. I suggest you contact the town hall to have your lodger’s name taken off the electoral roll, and tell the credit reference agencies that this person no longer lives with you. You can also add a note to your file explaining that you had no financial connection with this person.

What our clients say about our lawyers

Very useful and professional advice, thank you.

Another Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms