Areas of Law / General Legal Advice

I planned to open a gym in partnership with a man whose parents owned some business units in a large warehouse. I started to convert the unit, but he changed his mind and has begun to remove all the fittings I’’ve installed.

If you wish to remain in the business unit it’s possible you will be able to force the landlords to let you stay, but it will depend very much on the authority your “partner” had to give you the keys. You can’’t force him to put any money into the business in the absence of a specific agreement; your only hope is to recover from him some of the losses you have incurred as the result of his undertakings. You will need to discuss the matter in more detail with a solicitor to find out if this is possible.

What our clients say about our lawyers

The advice provided was excellent and helped me in making key decisions.

A Satisfied Client

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms