Areas of Law / Landlord and Tenant Law

I own a house which is let to tenants. Are there any steps I can take to ensure that the tenants can continue to live in the house after my death for the rest of their lives if they wish?

This shouldn’t be difficult to arrange: you can include a trust in your will under which the trustees will hold the house for your tenants’ use until they die or wish to move. I suggest that under the terms of the trust you stipulate that the tenants are responsible for all repairs, insurance costs and other outgoings. When the trust ends, the house can pass to members of your family or whoever else you wish to benefit.

What our clients say about our lawyers

I was very happy with everything about the service I received. Thank you.

A Happy Customer

Read More

About Us

Leading legal advisors, problem solvers – all round good guys! We’re firm believers in a practical, no nonsense approach to law. Forget the jargon, we like to keep it simple – why complicate matters? No stress, no worry, just straightforward solutions to your legal issues. Free legal advice at your fingertips, from the experts to your inbox. is owned and operated by Farleys Solicitors LLP, a member of The Law Society and is regulated in the practice of law by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Registration No: 484687. Any advice given on this site or in response to any question is only applicable to the law of England and Wales.

Privacy Policy | Terms